Domestic Violence Books

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day 2: Olfactory Hallucinations - Forever Smelling Him

Once upon a time when I was in the "honeymoon phase" of my relationship with my abuser I'd occasionally catch his scent in the air even though he was incarcerated. I never fully understood it, but I just summed it up to me really missing him. It wasn't a scent that lingered, it was always very brief. The scent would be gone just as fast as I caught it, faster than a snap of the fingers. Now, even after everything that has gone on, I still catch the scent of him. Which is now more confusing than ever, because I most certainly do not miss him. I don't know what it is, but I'll just be going about my day, and there's his damn scent again. Every time it stops me in my tracks. I've tried researching it, but haven't really found any answers. One answer of course refers to brain damage, which wouldn't be far fetched from all the times I received blows to the head. Although it doesn't really explain why it happened before he was abusing me. Before you think it or ask it, no, none of his cologne or belongings are here any longer. I got rid of all of that a long time ago. Am I alone in experiencing this strange phenomena?

No comments:

Post a Comment